ADD - "Mi rincón del sin se" and more

ADD - "Mi rincón del sin se" and more


Mi rincón del sin se

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 11:32 AM PST

Mi rincón del sin sentido: Harry Clarke

White Guys With Guns | ChangeLab

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 09:45 AM PST

I grew up in Hawai'i, my childhood spent near a cluster of U.S. military bases during the height of the Vietnam War. I watched representatives of the U.S. government killing people who looked like me on T.V., and then faced the hostility of their real life counterparts on the street where I withstood the indignity of being called names like "baby gook" by men in uniform. I knew from a young age that Hawai'i was a colony of the U.S., won through an act of rebellion that, though illegal under the U.S. Constitution, was sanctioned by the United States Congress. I wasn't exactly trusting and innocent. Instead, even as a fourth grader, I secretly worried and fretted. All that worry was channeled into anger as I reached puberty and testosterone kicked in. By the 1980s, when the AIDS epidemic (and Ronald Reagan) started taking the lives of people I knew, my anger turned to rage. I viewed myself as a victim. Doing so released me from accountability and justified taking my rage out on those ...

Pulp Science Fiction in Spain, Before And During Totalitarianism

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 09:43 AM PST

As a general rule the science fiction of the pre-1929 years is fairly literary; the author's intent was to produce intelligently-written fiction which aspired to more than to mere entertainment, if not Art itself. Salvador de Madariaga's La Jirafa Sagrada (1925) is set on the African island of Ebony in the 70th century, and examines a matriarchal African society existing centuries after Europe sank into the sea and the white race was exterminated. De Madariaga's intent is to satirize modern Spanish culture, politics, and academic scholarship.

TRMS special report: What 'Roe' means now - The Maddow Blog+

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 09:43 AM PST

It is a very strange way to live or work. There are four states in this country where there is only one abortion clinic in the whole state, including Mississippi, which is facing the prospect of becoming the first state where abortion access is, effectively, gone.

Why Everyone Films At The Same Damn New York Chinese Restaurant « Scouting NY

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 08:59 AM PST

Literally every time I get asked to find a Chinese restaurant, it's the same description. "I want a place with really over-the-top Chinese decor," our director will say. "Remember that one in Seinfeld? That'd be great."

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.